1. User’s Information to be Collected and Method of Collection
For purposes of this Policy, “User's Information” means information that identifies users, history of actions on communication services and other information created or accumulated in relation to user or users' devices, which shall be collected by the Company pursuant to this Policy.
The Service is operated globally. You should know that any personally identifiable information you enter into the network possibly be transferred out of your country. By using the Services, you consent to such transfer and are representing that you have the right to transfer such information outside of your country.
Depending on the method of collection, the User's Information that we may collect for a user to use the Services includes:
information provided by the user, including;
Users will provide information below to user the Services:
- e-mail address;
- other information entered by the user into such form as specified by the Company;
information provided from services outside the Services to the extent that the user permits for use with the Services;
The Company may collect the following information from services outside the Services, including but not limited to social network services, to the extent the user permits for use with the Services at that time:
- ID used by the User for such outside service; and
- other information that the User has authorized the other service provider to disclose through its privacy settings in such outside service;
information collected by the Company for the use by the user of the Services;
The Company may collect information upon access to or use of the Services, including:
- terminal information;
- log information; (For example, browser kind, browser language, referral, time on site, etc, collected through a browser, server, Google Analytics, etc.)
- cookies and anonymous ID; and
- location information.
2. Purpose of Use
2-1 The User's Information may be used not only for the provision of the Services as provided in Section 2-2 but for other purposes as provided in Section 2-3.
2-2 Specific purposes of the User's Information for the provision of the Services shall include the following:
- provision, maintenance, protection, and improvement of the Services, including but not limited to acceptance of registration for the Services, identification of individuals and computation of use fees;
- guidance or response to inquiries relating to the Services;
- addressing a violation of rules, regulations or policies relating to the Services (the “Rules”);
- notice of any modification to the Rules;
- notice of after-sales service and support related to the Service, new products, and service, and campaign information; and
- other purposes incidental to the foregoing.
2-3 Purposes other than those specified in Section 2.2 above shall be as indicated below:
|Purpose of Use||Corresponding User's Information|
|(1) creating statistical data relating to the Services, in a form that cannot identify an individual;||
|(2) delivering or displaying advertisements of the Company or third parties; And||
|(3) other marketing.||
3. Method of Notice, Publication, and Permission; Method of Discontinuance of the Use
If the user specifies a certain setting, the user is entitled to require the Company to, and the Company shall immediately, discontinue the use of any or all of the User's Information, in accordance with such rules as may be from time to time prescribed by the Company. Depending on the item of the User's Information, if such collection or use is required for the Services, the Company may not be able to discontinue such collection unless the user withdraws from the Services pursuant to the procedures as determined by the Company.
4. Provision of Personal Information to Third Parties
Unless required by the Personal Information Protection Act or other applicable laws and regulations, the Company shall not provide to any third party personal information contained in the User's Information without the prior consent of the user, unless:
- Your questions, answers, comments, Upvote, Follow, and other Posted Data on the Service, and metadata about them (such as when you posted them), are publicly viewable on the Service, along with your name (unless the Service permits you to post anonymously). This information may be searched by search engines and be republished elsewhere on the Web in accordance with our Terms and Conditions.
- If a User intends to use the Services and carry out procedures relating to products or services that the Services provide etc., disclosure by the Company of the User Information to persons who Provide, etc. such products or services.
- The Company authorizes such third party to handle the personal information in whole or in part to the extent necessary to accomplish the purpose of the use;
- The personal information is provided through a business transfer by way of merger or other similar transactions;
- The personal information is provided to a provider of an information collection module;
- The personal information is processed in a form that cannot identify an individual and become public or on sale;
- The personal information and Posted Data such as question and answers as a set redistributed to other websites or any other medias. (Including offline medias such as printed medias)
- The Company is required to cooperate with state or local governmental organizations or their agents to perform their duties or obligations pursuant to applicable laws and regulations and such performance is likely to be precluded if the consent of the user must be obtained; and
- In addition to the foregoing, the Company is entitled to disclose information pursuant to the Personal Information Protection Act or other applicable laws and regulations.
6. Safety Management of Personal Information
The Company uses commercially reasonable physical, managerial, and technical safeguards to preserve the integrity and security of your personal information. We cannot, however, ensure or warrant the security of any information you transmit to the Services or guarantee that your information on the Services may not be accessed, disclosed, altered, or destroyed by breach of any of our physical, technical, or managerial safeguards. In the event that personal information is compromised as a result of a breach of Rules by our employee or third parties which the Company has authorized, the Company takes an appropriate disciplinary action based our business judgment.
7. Disclosure of Personal Information
Upon request from the user to disclose its personal information under the Personal Information Protection Act, the Company shall, without delay, disclose to the user such information after confirming its identity (or notify it of the non-existence of such personal information), to the extent required to do so pursuant to the Personal Information Protection Act and other applicable laws and regulations. Please note that you must pay a commission (1,000 yen per application) for disclosure of personal information.
8. Correction and Suspension of Use of Personal Information
8-1 If the Company is required by the user to (1) correct the content of personal information under the provisions of the Personal Information Protection Act because such information is false, or (2) suspend use of personal information because such information is being handled beyond the scope of the purpose of the use previously made public, or has been collected in a fraudulent or otherwise illicit manner, then the Company shall, without delay, conduct an appropriate investigation after confirming the requesting party’s identity, and based upon the results, correct the content or suspend the use of such personal information, and notify the party to that effect. The user shall also be notified of any determination, if applicable, not to correct or suspend the use of such information, together with the justification for such determination.
8-2 In the event that the Company is required by the user to delete its personal information and has determined that it is necessary to accept such request, the Company shall delete such personal information confirming the requesting party’s identity and shall notify the party to that effect.
8-3 Should the Company not be obligated to correct, or suspend use of, information pursuant to the Personal Information Protection Act and other applicable laws and regulations, the preceding paragraphs shall not apply.
Any suggestions, questions, complaints, or other inquiries on the handling of the User's Information must be submitted to:
Address: Ogawamachi Kita Building 3F, 1 Chome-8-3 Kanda Ogawamachi, Chiyoda-ku, Tokyo 101-0052, Japan
Ashinote. Inc. Customer Support Center (Sosuke Kimura)