Experience both modern and traditional culture in one tour!
What you can expectMeiji-Jingu Shrine, with the highest number of visitors to a shrine during the New Year season, is one of the busiest places in Japan on January 1st. It extends for a vast amount of land which is covered in greenery and could be taken as the oasis of the city. This impressive traditional shrine sits side by side with the colorful and chaotic town of Harajuku. Harajuku, always buzzing with people, is the capital of modern youth culture. It is packed with various shops and is frequently visited by Japanese shoppers and travelers from all over the world. Your otomo tour guide will help you cover the must-visit locations as well as the slightly off-track back streets of this crazy town.
Highlights- Visit the major sightseeing destinations that you cannot miss!
- At Meiji-Jingu Shrine, your otomo tour guide will introduce you to traditional Japanese culture and even show you a secret location.
- View traditional Japanese art, such as ukiyoe at Ota Memorial Museum of Art.
- Enjoy the contrast in scenery as you move towards to the center of the hustle and bustle of Harajuku and away from the quiet and sacred grounds of Meiji-Jingu Shrine.
- Feel the energy in the capital of Japanese youth culture.
- Wander over to the hidden gems in the back streets.
Attractions- The first Shrine Gate at Meiji-Jingu Shrine
- Meiji-Jingu Shrine's Inner Gardens
- The masu Masugata at Meiji-Jingu Shrine
- The South Gate at Meiji-Jingu Shrine
- Main Building at Meiji-Jingu Shrine
- Takeshita Street (Totti Candy Factory)
- KAWAII MONSTER CAFE
- Ota Memorial Museum of Art
- Urasando Garden
AvailabilityThe plan is available from 9:00AM-, 10:00AM-, 11:00AM-, 12:00PM-, and 1:00PM- every day.
Please contact to the host to check availability on specific dates.
In front of GAP by the Omotesando Exit at the JR line, Harajuku Station